Guess what do companies like Instagram, Uber, Indiegogo, and Wonderfly have in common? For one thing, they were all born out of the co-working space. Coworking spaces have taken the world by storm, thanks to the simplicity, feasibility, and profitability of the idea for all parties that are involved. There are several aspects of coworking spaces that can appeal to different people. The coworking places have gained immense popularity in India, a country with one of the largest young workforces in the world and 65% of our population under 35 years of age. Several factors have contributed to the success of the coworking space in Gurgaon, Delhi-NCR and other Indian states and brought lasting changes to the way work has been carried out in the country. This has become more ostensible with the ongoing COVID19 pandemic. Here are the top changes brought forward by the coworking spaces in India.
Top changes brought forward by the coworking spaces in India
- Remote Working: Remote working is on the rise for many years now but employers have always struggled to provide office standard facilities. Many such things that are provided in the office such as refreshments, reliable secure internet, private meeting rooms, air conditioning, and a high level of cleanliness are also provided at the coworking spaces. This makes working in a coworking space a comfortable experience which is necessary for many people who are accustomed to an office-like environment.
- Distraction-free Workspace: Compared to the home, where a variety of tasks are waiting for our attention, or a crowded cafe where you can constantly feel the presence of people, coworking spaces are distraction-free. This gives the people who are using the coworking space a personal cocoon where they can give their work due attention. It is also great to see other people engaged in meaningful work as it adds to the environment of the coworking space and acts as a motivator.
- Flexible Work-Timing: This is a facility that many offices offer their employees these days allowing them to walk in at an hour of their choice, instead of rigid office timing. The problem is that for many people the office is located far away from their home and the commute can take as much as two to three hours, which is productive time lost in transit. The coworking spaces that are near to the employee’s home and offers flexible timing is a much smarter option. The employees can avoid rush hours and make the most out of their day.
- More Connections: Coworking spaces are a great place for professionals to connect with like-minded professionals from other fields. This rich and diverse environment is conducive to sparking up creativity and makes some meaningful business connections. This helps them also grow as professionals and the contacts they make while working in coworking space can often serve them in creating a robust business network in many years to come. This is also a great stress buster at times to spark a conversation from someone working in a completely different field and organization with no pressure of being judged.
- Increased Productivity: Coworking spaces are well known to increase the productivity of people since it makes them feel less constrained and they can choose them off and peak hours. They can choose to work longer hours on certain days and choose to work from home on other days where they may need to attend to some household works. Without the commitment to come to the office and finish the duty hours the employees are less likely to take leaves since they can adjust their work around their conflicting commitments.
- Less pressure to fit in: The coworking spaces generally tend to be less formal than the regular offices. With relaxed grooming standards, and a marked lack of constant supervision the employees feel they have more autonomy and control over their work without the loss of accountability. This takes a lot of stress out of the employees and helps them make better decisions keeping in mind their work and personal choices. At the same time the sense of community they feel while using a coworking space and make them feel part of a larger group and motivates them to strive harder towards their goals.
As you can see from the above examples, the positive effects of working out of a coworking space are numerous and it can boost the productivity of professionals even beyond the office environment. If you are looking for some of the best coworking in south Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, and other parts of the NCR, one of the best providers is The Office Pass. We have several practical and flexible membership plans including the Regular and Flexi membership which can be opted for based on how long you need the space. With daily to monthly bookings, you can be assured to pay for only the time when you use the coworking space and minimal wastage. Our facilities are professionally designed and operated to provide an optimum productive environment for professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers seeking a great place to carry out their best work. You can contact us at +91 8999 828282 and find out how can we contribute to your work and success.
Read Also : What Are the Benefits of Siding Replacement?