COVID-19 has sealed the fate of traditional businesses. With the global economy taking the worst hit in over a decade, businesses sense impending danger. The need to turn digital has become the ‘new’ norm in today’s panic-stricken world. Contrastingly, the on-demand app market seems to be a happy place. With smartphones acting as guardian angels, on-demand apps appear to be the next big thing on the Internet. On-demand apps like Instacart & Walmart for grocery delivery, UberEats & DoorDash for food delivery, Netflix & Disney+ for Entertainment, Practo & Zocdoc for telemedicine, etc., have all risen to the occasion in the pandemic situation.
With on-demand apps becoming inevitable, multi-service on-demand apps have the ability to rule the on-demand sector for years to come. Super apps like Gojek, Grab, etc., are based on this model, gaining a massive reception in the Southeast Asian nations. The Super app wave is transcending boundaries rapidly, and it is only a matter of time until multi-service apps will gain the all-important spotlight.
Are you an entrepreneur aiming to launch a multi-service app like Gojek? If so, this blog discusses the lucrative benefits and services to consider while introducing a Gojek clone.
Top-tier services that you shouldn’t miss
While Super apps can afford more than 50 services in it, it depends on the market conditions and the availability of service providers to integrate top-tier services into the application.
- Taxi services: Although the demand for taxis has plummeted massively since the onset of the pandemic, the taxi market will regain its feet once the situation stabilizes. It is a no-brainer to incorporate on-demand taxi services in your multi-service app.
- Food delivery: The news that UberEats is outplaying Uber’s ride-hailing divisions comes as a major boost for the food delivery sector. With governments of various nations restricting dine-ins, restaurants collaborate with third-party delivery platforms to reach out to their target audience. Hence, having food delivery services is mandatory in the ‘new’ normal.
- Grocery delivery: The pandemic situation appears to be a blessing in disguise for the grocery delivery sector. Platforms like Instacart, Walmart Grocery, etc., have witnessed massive spikes since the outbreak situation. Instacart has hired 300,000 workers to meet the demands of the people. Besides, it has planned to hire 250,000 more workers by the end of this year.
- Telemedicine services: With hospitals jam-packed with COVID-19 wards, medical practitioners opt for remote consultations with their patients. Practo’s demand rose by 500% since the onset of the pandemic. With the UK government encouraging General Practitioners (GPs) to offer services ‘digitally,’ there’s massive scope for telemedicine services in the upcoming years.
- Digital payment services: Digitization is becoming inevitable in today’s technologically-driven world. Apps like PayPal, PayTM, etc., facilitate seamless fund transfers and effortless bill payments with just a few taps. With COVID-19 restricting movements, the market for digital payment services will reach a whole new level.
- Instant messaging services: In today’s fast-paced world, instant messaging apps have made communication streamlined, efficient, and reliable. People from distinctive corners of the world can transfer files/multimedia with just a few taps on their smartphones. With apps like WhatsApp, LINE becoming an integral part of people’s lives, incorporating instant messaging services can do the trick in your Super app.
- Video-streaming services: Entertainment apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc., have become the ‘go-to’ destination for people in the lockdown scenario. The fact that Netflix has witnessed 16 million new sign-ups since lockdown is a concrete example of the above statement. Integrating video-streaming services can enable a Super app to expand its customer base in no time.
Lucrative benefits that make Super apps irresistible
Multi-service apps provide comprehensive benefits to the entire ecosystem. The enticing advantages that Gojek clone solutions offer for different stakeholders include,
- For customers: Users needn’t switch between different apps for multiple services. A single app can replace a minimum of 20 apps, leading to the elimination of phone deterioration and speed. Besides, users can have control over different orders, leading to enhanced engagement and satisfaction rates. Super apps provide an unparalleled app experience, making them highly reliable in the long run.
- For service providers: In an era where gaining a customer base is becoming increasingly tricky, multi-service apps garner a massive customer base under its belt. Service providers can provide their services under flexible hours and can earn a tremendous reputation among the audience. Besides, with a multi-services app, service providers are never shy of work.
- For entrepreneurs: Platform owners can yield unrestricted revenue by bridging the gap between customers and service providers. Besides, they get to build a positive brand value, growing a massive network of loyal customers.
With so many advantages, the Super apps market will reach a whole new level in the upcoming years. Capitalize on this demanding situation by reaching out to an app development company, customizing their Gojek clone script, and venturing into the market right away.