When it comes to making your post super attractive, Instagram users make the most images, content, and video. Now the question is, can you upload GIF to Instagram? Well, the answer is it is possible to do that, not directly, but I would like to share two easy methods. The reason for using GIF on social media is to make posts interactive for everyone. Getting attention from visitors through GIF is a no-brainer. Therefore, a content manager on Instagram likes to use all means to bring attention to an account. If you are wondering how to share and upload GIFs on Instagram, I would like to explain a step-by-step guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Method No.1 How to Upload a GIF to Instagram Via Giphy App
- 2 Method No.2 How to Add GIF to Instagram via Wondershare Filmora
- 3 Can You Upload A GIF to Instagram?
- 4 Does Instagram Support GIF?
Method No.1 How to Upload a GIF to Instagram Via Giphy App
An Instagram user feels terrible when he realizes that platform doesn’t have a cool collection of GIFs available on Facebook and Whatsapp. However, no need to feel bad as the GIPHY application is there to help you. Here is what you need to do.
- Download the GIPHY application on your android phone.
- You need to make an account. Sign up through a Facebook account for a quick registration.
- Once your account is created, the next step is to explore GIFs.
- You will start discovering GIFs from an extensive collection and choose a GIF you want to upload to Instagram.
- Select GIF and click on the purple icon of Instagram.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you whether you want to upload GIF on Story or Feed; select an option you like.
- You can pick feed and add a caption to it.
Another method you need to use is to do the conversion. This method requires some time, but when you plan to make your profile super attractive, this time, consumption will yield a good return; you will get attention from many visitors.
The main idea is to select a GIF and then create a short video that you can easily share on Instagram. As you know, this application allows you to share a 15-seconds video. However, many gifs are less than three seconds. There is a need to combine gif to create a full-length short video for Instagram.
Many video editing tools are available online. However, when it comes to perfection and precision, every online user relies on Wondershare Filmora.
How to Convert GIF file to Instagram-supported video
- Download Wondershare Filmora on your computer.
- Choose a GIF file you want to convert.
- Now you can start editing your GIF. It’s easy to add music, colors, and other features to your GIF to make it eye-catching.
- Once editing is done, you need to export the video. Choose to create a video and select the MP4 video format.
- A GIF image will convert into a video.
- Now you can download this video on your smartphone directly.
- Open Instagram application
- Choose a video you converted recently.
- Add some description and upload it.
Many people who use the business account of Instagram create enticing GIFs and then upload them to Instagram. They enhance interaction on their post and keep followers engaged. So, when you want to get attention from Instagram followers, you can undoubtedly rely on this method.
How to Create New GIF Through GIPHY
You can’t create GIFs on Instagram, but you can make any GIF via the Giphy application and then upload it on Instagram. Giphy makers bring this facility for you.
- Create a video you want to turn into GIF.
- Upload video file on Giphy application.
- Now you can edit this file by trimming its length, adding some captions, and other features.
- Once you are done with editing, click on the Create GIF button.
- You will be directed toward a new page, from where you can upload an original created GIF on Instagram.
How to Upload A GIF to Instagram Story
Instagram allows you to add some GIFs to your Instagram story. Here is how you can do it
- Open Story option from your Instagram app
- Tap on the Smiley face icon that appears on the top.
- Now you can see various options from where you need to select GIF.
- A searchable database of GIF sticker from the Instagram application will appear.
- Choose a GIF and upload it to your story.
How to Upload Gif to Instagram on iOS
It would help if you relied on third-party applications for uploading gif to Instagram through your iOS devices. Although many options are available, the fast speed of uploading is guaranteed via Giflab, which cost you $1.99
- First of all, you will save a GIF you are planning to share on Instagram on your device/.
- Open the GifLab application and select “GIF to Instagram.”
- Choose a GIF and edit its playback speed.
- Next, you will choose “Save and share on Instagram.”
- And it’s how you will upload any gif you like on Instagram quickly.
Can You Upload A GIF to Instagram?
Yes, you can upload a GIF to Instagram. The two methods you can use are one with a GIPHY application, and the second is through a converter application. I explained the step-by-step process of uploading GIF to Instagram through both methods. I only picked the GIPHY application because it is one of the most popular applications used worldwide for sharing GIFs on Instagram. The reality is that you can try some other top-rated GIF applications for Instagram. In case a person is looking for the best alternative to GIPHY, then two great options are ImgPlayand Tenor. Both websites offer a great collection. However, for an extensive collection of GIFs for Instagram, you need to rely heavily on GIPHY. Besides, you can easily upload a GIF to Instagram through this app.
Does Instagram Support GIF?
You need to rely on the Giphy application or a converter to add GIFs on Instagram. This platform doesn’t offer direct support to GIF. It means you can’t create GIFs on Instagram, like on other social media platforms. However, you can create some stories by making the most available GIF stickers in the collection, despite no other GIF support from this application.