Pallet racking is nothing but a material handling storage aid system that is designed to store material on pallets. There are many types of pallet racking that are available in the market, but every type allowed for the storage of material in horizontal rows with more than one level.
There are several types of pallet rackings that are available in the market.
a. Cantilever Racking.
b. Push Back Racking.
c. Pallet Flow.
d. Selective Racking.
e. Drive-In racking.
These are the types of pallet rackings that are available in the market. Let us talk about every type of pallet racking in detail.
1. Cantilever Racking: If your warehouse contains long or oversized products like pipes, then this type of pallet racking is best for you because it is only a base that supports tiers of arms that protrude out. It can easily stand if they have arms on both sides without any secondary support, or for more safety, you can attach it with the wall. These arms are the same as tines you had to see on the forklift and simply hold up what you put across them. In this system, there is only a wall or base with the arms which support it.
2. Push Back Racking: With Push-back rack, pallets sit on trucks (up to five profound) that slide forward when the pallet in front is eliminated. It’s like the manner in which refrigerated refreshments are replaced at the supermarket. pallets are taken care of and recovered from one walkway, decreasing picking times and making these racks ideal for applications that require countless picking faces. This is the best option for food-situated activities.
3. Pallet Flow: The other name of the pallet flow rack is the gravity flow rack. These are useful sloping racks and follow the first in/first out loading system. The capacity of this type of pallet rakcing system is excellent, it is three times more convenient than a conventional pallet racking system. And if you want to load the pallets, then new pallets are added at the higher end and removed at the lower end. If you have a food distribution center or freezer warehouse then this is the best system for you.
4. Selective Racking: In the pallet racking industry, selective is the most popular and useful pallet racking system in the market. It does not acquire enough space and gives you immediate access to every load stored on it by using a forklift. They are very easy to clean because they are made of stainless steel. This system is mostly recommendable for general warehousing.
5. Drive-In Racking: This type of pallet are 75% more efficient than the conventional pallet racking system. You can easily drive your forklifts into the racks. In these types of racks, they have a common entry/exit point. This system is very rigid and strong so there is no need to take tension in the safety of your warehouse. This type of pallet racking system is highly recommendable for large volume storage of similar products.
In this article, we talked about the pallet racking, we also talked about the different types of pallet racking systems. I hope that you liked these types of pallet racking systems. Then what are you waiting for? Go and use pallet racking in your warehouse so that there is no problem that takes place in the storage of products in the warehouse.