For all those trying to stay fit and eat healthily, the biggest challenge is cooking and eating a healthy dinner. After a long day, people often eat something unhealthy to avoid cooking or save time, but what if we tell you that healthy cooking is quick and easy! Have a look at these easy dinner recipes that are low in calories and help you stay full while giving you the nutrition you need.
Let’s Check Out Below Healthy Dinner Recipes
Wheat dosa is also known as godhuma dosa in South India. This dosa is made from atta or wheat flour and is a popular dinner recipe. The best part about this recipe is that atta does not require fermentation, and hence it can be prepared quickly.
To make healthy wheat dosa, follow the steps mentioned below and have a yummy time:
- The first thing you need to do is take 1/2 cup of wheat and rice flour and mix it with 2 tbsp Rava and 1 tbsp curd.
- Add 1 cup of water to the above mixture and mix it.
- Whisk well till there are no lumps left, and prepare a smooth-flowing batter.
- Now, you need to add chopped onions, grated ginger, green chilies, finely chopped coriander.
- Now to the whole mixture, add salt according to taste and mix well.
- If the batter requires more water, then add some water carefully. Note that the consistency needs to be like that of a Rava dosa.
- Let the mixture rest for about 20 minutes.
- Further, take the batter and pour carefully over hot Tawa, and spread it.
- Brush with oil or drizzle some oil from the top.
- Keep the flame on medium and let the base of the dosa become golden brown.
- Finally, serve the dosa with any chutney of your choice or with sambhar.
You have your quick and healthy wheat dosa ready to eat. To make this recipe, you can buy Atta online and feed your family good health.
Salad with Cucumber Raita
A salad for dinner can never go wrong, but it can be made better. Add cucumber raita with your salad and enjoy a light and refreshing meal.
- Chop lettuce and cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese and Italian dressing (if you like).
- Now, add crispy chickpeas and mix the salad.
- Top it with crunchy bread croutons and serve with cucumber raita,
For Cucumber Raita:
- Whisk fresh yogurt until it is smooth
- Add grated cucumber, mint, and black salt
- Mix everything together and put it in the refrigerator
- Serve chilled.
A healthy and wholesome dinner is ready!
This is very useful for those who like to have rice at night. It is a no-brainer that rice doesn’t benefit us when consumed at night, so why not swap rice with quinoa! This Quinoa recipe is simple and delicious. You can have it as dinner without worrying about calories. To prepare:
- Wash the quinoa properly and drain the excess water.
- Now, in a pan, add oil on medium heat. Once it’s hot, add mustard seeds and let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Further, add chilies and curry leaves and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now, add onions and once they turn translucent, add ginger and all types of veggies of your choice. Roast the quinoa and the veggies.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add salt and water and bring it to a boil before covering it with a lid.
- Cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes. You will observe the quinoa has become fluffy. Now let it rest, and then serve hot.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. This will enhance the flavor of the dish.
You can easily buy Quinoa from any place and prepare this mouth-watering dish within a few minutes.
Try these 3 flavorful and healthy recipes for dinner and give your day the perfect end.