VMware is the leading technology of Virtualization and cloud computing.
As a result, it has a huge demand in the industry, and candidates with VMware certifications are the top picks for employment.
VMware is a subsidiary of Dell technologies. The products of VMware are Virtualization, data center software, storage software, networking, and security management tools.
Table of Contents
A VMware-certified professional is believed to possess end-to-end knowledge about his role. Hence employers never want to miss candidates with this certification.
Many institutions provide VMware certifications online, following a self-paced training pattern or an instructor-led program. Choose the best method that fits your requirements and complete VMware Certification successfully.
VMware offers certifications distributed over various domains. Below are the domains that you can choose:
- Data Center Virtualization
- Networking Virtualization
- Cloud management and automation
- Digital workplace
- Application modernization
The VMware certification has levels based on the experience and current job roles:
1. VMware Certified Technical Associate: This entry-level certification enables freshers to learn virtualization technology and its products.
2. VMware Certified Professional: This is designed for IT professionals who work on VMware solutions. This certification is aimed to validate the installation, configuration, optimization, and management of VMware solutions.
3. VMware Certified Advanced Professional: This certification proves that you are passionate about working on VMware. This is an advanced-level certification for those who work on VM ware solutions, application deployment, etc.
4. VMware Certified Design Expert: Candidates completing this certification are experts in designing the applications and building and managing VMware solutions and systems. This is the highest level of certification.
Each level further includes certain certifications in a variety of domains, as mentioned above.
VMware Certified Associate – Digital Business Transformation (VCA-DBT)
This is an entry-level certification for learners to create fundamental knowledge on technology, networking, hyper-convergence, virtual desktop infrastructure, automation, and cloud computing.
Upon completion of the certification, the candidates possess knowledge on the below concepts:
- VMware cross-cloud architecture
- vSAN solutions
- NSX solutions
- vRealize suite solutions
- Horizon suite solutions
Exams included: Earning this certification requires passing VCP- Data Center Virtualization (1V0-701) as well.
Recommended experience: While is no prior experience required, the candidates should understand the Virtualization concepts well before taking this exam.
VMware VCP Certification: This VMware Certification is targeted at IT professionals in administrator and engineer roles. They are required to install, configure and optimize VMware solutions.
VMware has five different VCP certifications:
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV)
- VCP-NV NSX-VTrack
- VCP-NV NSX-T Track
- VMware Certified Professional- Cloud management and Automation (VCP-CMA)
- VMWare Certified Professional – Desktop and mobility (VCP-DTM)
- VMWare Certified Professional – Digital Workplace (VCP-DW)
- VMWare Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization ( VCP-DCV)
Prerequisites: Candidates are recommended to have job-specific sphere certifications to complete VCP certification.
Recommended Experience: The students must have experience with certain VSphere concepts before attempting an exam for any VCP certification.
VMWare VCAP Certification:
This is an advanced VMware certification program known to be a more advanced level of certification. The purpose of this training is to analyze the deep-down knowledge of candidates who work on designing VMWare solutions (VCAP Design) and build VMWare solutions (VCAP Deploy)
There are seven different VCAP certifications specific to a variety of domains and job roles.
- VCAP-DCV Design
- VCAP-DCV Deploy
- VCAP NV Deploy
- VCAP-CMA Design
- VCAP-CMA Deploy
- VCAP-DTM Deploy
- VCAP-DTM Design
This certification is aimed at validating professionals who work in architects, administrators, and engineer roles.
VMware VCDX Certification
This is an expert-level certification designed to assess practical knowledge of Architects who design, build and manage VMware solutions.
Unlike the other certifications, candidates can gain this certification only after demonstrating their production-ready solution to a panel of VCDX holders.
It has different certifications as below:
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Data Center Virtualization (VCDX DCV)
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Network Virtualization (VCDX NV)
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Cloud management and Automation (VCDX – CMA)
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Desktop And Mobility (VCDX DTM)
VMware training and Digital badges:
Take VMware training online from a reputed organization with diligent coaching methods and achieve a digital badge from VMware upon completing the certification.
Koenig Solutions provides top-niche industry training with comprehensive training methods and simplified materials to ease your success in achieving VMware Certification.