Are there some days when you feel that you couldn’t complete your workout the way you were supposed to or usually do? Do you feel the lack of energy or feel tired too early? It can be quite frustrating, especially when you thought you will be covering this much of strength training exercises but end up doing not much.
When such kind of incidences happens again, you think about what you have eaten just before you decided to go and train. Did you have something before a workout as you were feeling hungry? When was the last you ate something prior to training? As per qualified fitness coach with certification in nutritionist course in Delhi, you didn’t have anything before your workout session, then it is a clear sign that you are not giving your body enough nutrition to perform.
Through this post, we shall be exploring different benefits of having a meal before a workout session.
Some of the benefits of having a meal before your workout sessions:
- If you doing so much hard work by doing cardio and strength training, but not paying heed to your nutrition then definitely you won’t be able to see the desired results. Above all, eventually, you will start feeling more fatigued. As per a qualified fitness trainer with certification in nutritionist course in Delhi, you may think that you are just eating extra calories provided you eat before your workout session. However, this isn’t reality. Your body does need the required fuel to pull weights and do high-intensity physical activities.
- There is no denying the fact that exercise does take a lot of energy and your body needs a source of energy from the food you consume. When you decide to go to the gym in between your mealtime or say close to your mealtime, your blood sugar level drops, as well as, your energy levels.
- Fuelling your body by eating the right amount of food can help you stay more focussed and perform strength training with more enthusiasm. When you are running out of energy levels, you will find you are not able to complete your reps, as well as, feel tired quickly while lifting heavyweights.
What you should eat before a workout session?
As per qualified fitness instructor with certification in nutritionist course in Delhi, you should eat at least 2 to 4 hours before your workout session for the best performance.
Meals you can eat 2 to 4 hours before a workout session:
- Two slices of wholemeal bread with some peanut or almond butter
- A bowl of porridge with nuts and fruits on top
- An egg omelette
- A small serving of poached chicken with rice and sweet potato on the side
Snacks you can eat at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before a workout session:
- A protein-rich smoothie
- Any fruit or some nuts
- A small bowl of yoghurt with half banana
For more healthy meal suggestions, you can consult a qualified personal trainer with certification in nutritionist course in Delhi.