There are more than 13 lac Medical students who prepare and appeared for NEET/ AIPMT exam every year, but from those 13 lac students, only 2% of the students get selected for government colleges. And the other students who don’t get into government colleges start searching or applying for Private Medical Universities. These Private Medical Universities charge a lot of money, and their tuition fees are also very high. The last resort left for the Medical students is to get into some Medical Universities abroad.
Now a large number of students consider studying MBBS abroad. Now the most popular place Indian students are choosing to go for MBBS in China. One of the best places to study abroad for Indian students is definitely in China. Because it offers low fees as compared to Indian Private Medical Colleges.
China is well known for its quality and the standard of education, and it also provides world-class infrastructure and labs for practical facilities. The Chinese government of education also conducts quality inspections for Medical Universities in China. Let’s look into some of the topics related to Medical Universities in China for Indian Students :
Why Medical Universities in China?
As China is the Neighbouring Country and also the most economical one. Pursuing MBBS in China is one of the most affordable in all the developing countries like USA, UK or other parts of Europe. MBBS in China has global recognition around the world. These are some of the reasons why you should consider MBBS from China:
- Medical Universities in China offers both specialized program of 2-3 year and undergraduate MBBS programs of 5+1 years.
- China has already adopted modern medicine from the starting of the 20th century.
- The degree at Medical Universities in China is recognized worldwide.
- Chinese Ministry of education do quality control checks on medical school and especially on the English Medium undergraduate MBBS program, These all the process is done by the government so that it maintains the highest quality of education.
- These medical universities provide world-class super-speciality Medical Hospital, which is attached to Medical University to provide a lot of exposure to the students.
- Universities for MBBS in China are all researched based or on practical knowledge. It also has international exposure because they have been regularly taking part in the International Scientific Conferences.
- All Medical Universities have a modern campus with state of the art modern facilities and well- equipped libraries, classrooms, laboratories, cafeteria, etc.
- All the Hostels at the Medical Universities are well-equipped and safe & secure.
- The Medical Universities in China also provides International students on the opportunity to apply for the various scholarship programs during their studies in China. Some of the scholarships include:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- University Scholarships
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
- Chinese Local Government Scholarship, etc.
- China has been the most popular destination for the students from the UAE, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Ghana, and also different countries from Africa.
Eligibility Criteria and Fees For MBBS in China
In 2003 the Indian students started applying for Medical Universities in China, after that in 2008, the MCI(Medical Council of India) sets some rules for Indian students eligibility to study MBBS abroad. They have also released a List of more than 30 Chinese Medical Universities which has been approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education for International students.
In 2008 to 2016, the eligibility criteria to get admission was 60% by the Chinese Universities. Because of which students having Low percentage also got admission in the college. And after getting admission, they couldn’t manage their studies and would not able to complete their MBBS in 5 years.
Looking at this problem, the Chinese Ministry of Education stepped in and changed the criteria again in 2017-2018 NEET exam qualification was necessary for the MBBS in China. And the NEET score is valid for three years. In 2019, another rule which was passed in which, those students who haven’t qualified NEET exam then you have to apply for MCI eligibility certificate before taking admission in abroad Universities.
Top Medical Universities in China Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students:
|Name of the Universities||Teaching Medium||Location||Eligibility Criteria|
|SHIHEZI UNIVERSITY||English Medium||Shihezi, Xinjiang||NEET Qualified, 70% in PCBE in Class 12th|
|SHANGHAI UNIVERSITY OF TCM||English Medium||Shanghai||NEET Qualified, 60% in PCBE in Class 12th|
|QINGDAO UNIVERSITY||English Medium||Qingdao, Shandong||NEET Qualified, 80% in PCBE in Class 12th|
|LIAONING UNIVERSITY||English Medium||Shenyang, Liaoning||NEET Qualified, 50% in PCBE in Class 12th|
|JILIN UNIVERSITY||English Medium||Changchun, Jilin||NEET Qualified, 75% in PCBE in Class 12th|
Top Medical Universities in China Fees:
|Name of the Universities||Tuition Fee(per year)||Accommodation Fee (per year)||Living Cost (per year)|
|SHIHEZI UNIVERSITY||Rs 3,00,000||Rs 50,000||Rs 80,000|
|SHANGHAI UNIVERSITY OF TCM||Rs 4,20,000||Rs 90,000||Rs 80,000|
|QINGDAO UNIVERSITY||Rs 3,00,000||Rs 88,000||Rs 80,000|
|LIAONING UNIVERSITY||Rs 2,20,000||Rs 30,000||Rs 30,000|
|JILIN UNIVERSITY||Rs 2,90.000||Rs 1,62,00||Rs 30,000|
These are some of the information on Medical Universities in China for Indian Students and it would be helpful for students on making their decision on MBBS in China.